We are all in desperate need of a little joy this year. The pandemic has been hard on our minds and bodies, and the hope of a new year (finally) feels like it would fix a lot more problems this year than in years past.
If you are looking forward to visiting your extended family, we urge you to practice caution. Our team at AFC Urgent Care Athens, TN is here to help you stay healthy, and we offer some tips for staying connected this winter below.
Is It OK to Travel Right Now?
Unfortunately, the CDC advises against it. Instead, the CDC advises social gatherings to be contained to those who are in your immediate household.
If you must travel to see your family during the winter, however, it’s important to stay as health-conscious as possible. Social distance, mask up and request your family gathering to be held outdoors if possible.
Some Ways to Enjoy Family Time from a Distance
- Have dinner over FaceTime. It will not be as good as the real thing, but sharing a meal is always a rewarding experience, even if it’s through a screen.
- Play a game over Zoom or FaceTime. Again, it’s not as good as the real thing, but sharing a fun activity with the family is always a good idea.
- Drive to the same location, have morning coffee or talk through the windows.
How Can I Continue Staying Healthy?
Continue to follow the CDC health guidelines such as masking up, washing your hands with soap and water and remaining socially distant from those that aren’t in your immediate household.
In addition to those guidelines, we’ve listed some more ways you can stay healthy this year. It is important to take note of these guidelines even in private gatherings.
Ways to Stay Healthy During the Winter
- Avoid crowded places. If you must be in a crowd, stay six feet apart from others whenever possible.
- Use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol if soap and water aren’t available.
- If you experience any COVID-19 or flu-related symptoms, stay home.
Even during this un-ideal new year, our team at AFC Urgent Care Athens, TN is here to help you stay safe and healthy. Reach out to our team today with any health and wellness concerns.